Thanks Jen Robinson, a passionate young adult literature reader and reviewer, for this list. I thought that I was sufficiently well acquainted with Young Adult literature to make it.
3 Children’s Books that I Would Like to Live in:
- His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman.
- Island of the Aunts by Eva Ibbotson.
- The Extraordinary and Unusual Adventures of Horatio Lyle by Catherine Webb.
3 Schools from Children’s Books that would have been Cool to Attend:
- Hogwarts. (A tad predictable what the hell!)
- The Mayfair Academy for Young Ladies from Eva Ibbotson’s Journey to the River Sea.
- The Hallendorf School in Vienna from Eva Ibbotson’s A Song for Summer.
3 Books that I Like, but would NOT Want to Live in:
- The Bartemeus trilogy by Jonathan Stroud.
- The Eddie Dickens trilogy by Philip Ardaugh.
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman.
3 Schools from Children’s Books that would NOT have been Cool to Attend:
- Crunchem Hall from Matilda by Roald Dahl.
- Camp Half-Blood in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan.
- Harriet’s school in Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh.
It’s an open list. Anyone who is interested can take it up.