I have been reading rather sporadically for a month for so. But since I have been reading many books at one time, some are a bit left behind.
Notable books I am reading right now:
- Memoirs by Pablo Neruda (Memoir)
- Istanbul by Orhan Pamuk (Memoir)
- Isla Negra: A Notebook by Pablo Neruda (Poetry)
- The Gabriel Club by Joydeep Ray-Bhattacharya (Fiction)
Books I have finished recently:
- Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy (Young Adult Fiction)
- Toast by Nigel Slater (Food Autobiography)
- Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl (Fiction)
- The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne (Fiction)
Both Pessl and Landy are first time authors. Landy has created a truly unforgettable character the detective Skuldugery Pleasant. Pessl’s mystery was erudite and clever. Nigel Slater is a rare find. No part of this book was boring. But the best was Boyne’s book. I was so shaken after I read it.