After a long time I went a little book crazy yesterday. It all started with Alain de Botton, my latest new author discovery. (He has been around for a while; it’s just that I’ve discovered him now.) His accessible philosophic style is seducing me into reading whatever he has written so far. So off I went to the nearest bookstore to ransack it. Only to be sorely disappointed. Only the Consolations of Philosophy was available. The Essays in Love/on Love (British/American titles), the one I wanted to figuratively pounce on was off the shelves. (A friend of mine who swears by his ideas has promised to give it to me.) But that didn’t stop me for getting some other books. This is my loot:
(1) Consolations of Philosophy by Alain de Botton (Philosophy)
(2) Prison and Chocolate by Nayantara Sahgal (Memoir)
(3) The Naked Woman by Desmond Morris (Natural History)
(4) The Naked Ape by Desmond Morris (Natural History)
(5) The Good Body by Eve Ensler (Play)
Please note: None of the above listed books is fiction or poetry!